Monday, May 30, 2011

Hybrid Darkroom

B&W film  processing kit 


Changing bag, Paterson tanks, chemicals, timer, thermometer, graduated cylinders and running water from a kitchen or bathroom sink. If you decide to develop your own B&W film, this is a good place to start.

Leica M6 + Canon  Serenar 50/1.8
TX400/Diafine
Diafine is an ideal developer for the tropics since it isn't very critical of temperature but also have Rodinal at hand when I want the look. I've also used Kodak D76 and Ilford DDX.




Negatives hang to dry before scanning...


This Canoscan 8400F flatbed scanner has given reliable service for more than 5 years. I use the Scangear software with all enhancement functions turned off...


...and do minimal post processing in Photoshop 7 - limited to procedures I learned in a traditional darkroom.


This was the darkroom I set up in my apartment in the USA.


Negatives and prints are inserted into Print File sleeves and stashed in binders.

Canon P + W-Nikkor 35/2.5
Kodak TX400 in Rodinal 1+50

Years ago a photographer friend advised that I will learn a lot more about photography if I process my negatives and print them. He was right, I realized I was not born with a gifted eye...he he he! Nonetheless I still enjoy the whole process ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment